Google Ads or Social Media – Where do I put my money
My most asked Question when making a marketing plan
Whether you should advertise on social media or Google depends on your business goals, target audience, and budget.
- Social media is a good option if you want to reach a large audience with your ads. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have billions of active users, so you can be sure that your ads will be seen by a lot of people. Social media ads are also relatively affordable, making them a good option for businesses with a limited budget.
- Google is a good option if you want to reach people who are actively looking for products or services like yours. Google Ads allows you to target your ads to people who are searching for specific keywords, so you can be sure that your ads will be seen by people who are already interested in what you have to offer. Google Ads can be more expensive than social media ads, but they can also be more effective if you target your ads correctly.
Crown Digital is a good agency to use if you are just getting started in Google Ads and want to make the best use of your budget or have a smaller budget. I work with small businesses that are just getting started, so I Have no minimum ad spend and being Google Certified has taught me how to target ads correctly, not to just make Google money
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing between social media and Google ads:
- Your target audience: Where does your target audience spend their time online? If they’re active on social media, then social media ads may be a good option. If they’re more likely to be searching for information online, then Google Ads may be a better choice.
- Your budget: Social media ads can be more affordable than Google Ads, but they can also be less effective if you don’t target your ads correctly. Google Ads can be more expensive, but they can also be more effective if you target your ads correctly.
- Your goals: What do you want to achieve with your advertising? If you want to increase brand awareness, then social media ads may be a good option. If you want to generate leads or sales, then Google Ads may be a better choice.
Do you want to know
Facts About Google
Here are a few facts about Google that I thought were interesting while looking at Google statistics in the last 10 years.
Google processed an average of 3.5 billion searches per day.
Google processes an average of 8.5 billion searches per day
- Google’s market share of the global search engine market has increased from 65.2% in 2013 to 84.69% in 2023.
Google’s revenue has increased from $7.2 billion in 2013 to $257.6 billion in 2023
There are many different types of campaigns in Google Ads, each with its own set of goals and benefits. Some of the most popular types of campaigns include:
- Search: These campaigns show your ads when people search for keywords related to your business on Google.
- Display: These campaigns show your ads on websites and apps that are part of the Google Display Network.
The best way I can think of describe the difference between the Search & Display network it this:
The Display network target people, where they live, what they like to do , and their past behavior. Social Media is in the Display Network.
The Google Display Network (GDN) is a network of over 2 million websites, videos, and apps where your Google Ads can appear. The GDN reaches over 90% of Internet users worldwide.
Here are some of the most popular websites and apps that are part of the GDN:
- Google Search
In addition to these popular websites and apps, the GDN also includes a large number of smaller websites and apps. This means that your ads can be seen by a wide variety of people, regardless of their interests or demographics.
If you’re interested in running a display campaign, the GDN is a great option. It’s a cost-effective way to reach a large audience with your ads.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Google Display Network:
- Reach a large audience: The GDN reaches over 90% of Internet users worldwide. This means that your ads can be seen by a large number of people, regardless of their interests or demographics.
- Target your audience: You can target your ads to specific demographics, interests, and even past behavior. This means that your ads will be seen by people who are most likely to be interested in what you have to offer.
- Track your results: You can track the results of your display campaigns to see how well they’re performing. This information can help you improve your campaigns and get better results.
If you’re looking for a way to reach a large audience with your ads, the Google Display Network is a great option. It’s a cost-effective way to reach people who are interested in what you have to offer.
- Video: These campaigns show your ads before, during, or after videos on YouTube and other video-sharing websites.
- Shopping: These campaigns show your product listings when people search for products like yours on Google.
- App: These campaigns show your app when people search for apps like yours on Google Play or the App Store.
- Smart: These campaigns are designed to help you reach your goals by automatically optimizing your bids and targeting.
The best type of campaign for you will depend on your business goals and budget. If you’re not sure which type of campaign is right for you, or how to set up a Campaign properly, please schedule a consultation with Crown Digital
Here are some additional details about each type of campaign:
- Search: Search campaigns are the most common type of campaign in Google Ads. They’re a great way to reach people who are actively looking for products or services like yours. (Best Way to Start with the most control of Ad spend)
- Display: Display campaigns are a great way to reach people who are already interested in your products or services. They can be used to promote brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales.
- Video: Video campaigns are a great way to reach people who are interested in watching videos. They can be used to promote brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales.
- Shopping: Shopping campaigns are a great way to promote your products to people who are already looking for products like yours. They can be used to drive sales and increase brand awareness.
- App: App campaigns are a great way to promote your app to people who are already using their mobile devices. They can be used to drive downloads and increase engagement.
- Smart: Smart campaigns are a great way to reach your goals without having to worry about setting up and managing your own campaigns. Google Ads will automatically optimize your bids and targeting for you. (Do not choose this option unless you just want to make Google more money)
No matter which type of campaign you choose, you’ll need to create effective ad copy and landing pages. Your ad copy should be clear, concise, and relevant to your target audience. Your landing pages should be informative and easy to use.
If you’re not sure how to create effective ad copy and landing pages, you can contact Crown Digital.